Wednesday 18 April 2012

18th update the start of editing


18th April update the start of editing (video clip to accompany)

Today I and Lauren stayed behind after school to start the editing process as we had to re shoot the first scene so were late on starting our editing. We firstly picked the best clips and copied them into our folder on the desktop called thriller. We categorised the clips into a further three folders called scene 1, scene 2 and scene 3. We then named the clips in these folders and put them in order. Opening a new sequence on final cut express we imported them into 3 different bins. We then set about creating sub clips in chronological order. We made or sequence as we went along to make sure the continuity flowed and looked professional. After staying behind until 5.30 we managed to produce half the sequence onto our timeline. Next lesson we will aim to add the rest of the sequence and then we can begin to add transitions, effects and music. I think we worked extremely well together taking it in turns to use final cut express but both imputing ideas at all times. As we organised ourselves we found it quick to produce our timeline sequence as everything was labelled and simple to see. If we had not of organised ourselves then the process would have taken longer as we would not know where to find certain clips. Once we had made a sub clip we deleted the original clip from our bin to decrease confusion, but all original files are kept on the desktop in case we need to retrieve a clip. I am very pleased with the rate of our progress and I am finding it easier to use final cut express, as I am learning different features all the time, even when I am not physically using the programme and just imputing my ideas I can watch and still learn the functions available on the software available to us. I think we are very privileged to be able to work on mac within our school on editing software that is advanced; I will ensure I work my hardest to make our thriller successful as we are lucky enough to have these facilities available to us.




By Jordan Gale  

No comments:

Post a Comment